Wednesday, May 21, 2008
As bad and controlling as conformity is, not so many people are being lured into its sticky shell of social influence. My father is an electric cellist, and in order for him to make any money at all he wears armor, giant boots, and plays crazy music. He constantly has to be the most wild, out of the ordinary entertainer as he can, other wise, as good as his music really is, he might not be hired very much. What I'm saying is, the world is slowly running out of room for people whom conform to others, at least in the entertaining business. No one needs someone who is hardly anyone at all. Nonconformists are some of the most successful people in the world economically. But you could also say nonconformists are the most dangerous, rejecting laws we all conform too. and there are things everyone conforms too like, "when I go to school, I put some clothes on, and when I stink I take a shower, and society thanks me for it." There are so many situations were one can reference conformity to say things like "he's cool and he's not." conformity is usually bad, but not in all contexts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment