In the Early years of 1958, Herbert Kelman, A Harvard psychologist had split the entire social influence theory into three main parts:
1. first compliance, witch is a public conformity, while the subjects own beliefs are being kept privet private. So if every one in my class are democrats and I'm a republican, I might say that I'm also a democrat. not that i want to talk about politics or anything.
2. "identification is conforming to someone who is liked and respected, such as a celebrity or a favorite uncle." for example: "I love my dad, I'm going to be just like him when i grow up," the whole role-module deal.
3. "internalization is acceptance of the belief or behavior and conforming both publicly and privately." You are basically allowing all your beliefs and differences to drift away while you completely adopt the beliefs around you.
Kelman's ideas have been highly regarded but current research on social psychology only focuses one two main parts. "These are informational conformity, or informational social influence, and normative conformity or sometimes referred to as "normative social influence" (Aronson, Wilson, & Akert, 2005).YAY!!
Kelman's ideas have been highly regarded but current research on social psychology only focuses one two main parts. "These are informational conformity, or informational social influence, and normative conformity or sometimes referred to as "normative social influence" (Aronson, Wilson, & Akert, 2005).YAY!!

No comments:
Post a Comment